Wednesday, November 11, 2015

New Meme Time! Watch in Horror with Me!


Let's take a brief break from Superman to introduce a little segment we should call:

If I Could Turn Back Time (tm!)

And we all know there's no way I'm not going to set it up with this, so let's get it out of the way now:


There we go.

So, we're going to use this meme whenever I come across a moment in comics history where I, in my admittedly subjective yet it's my blog so my vote is the only one that really counts way, would totally intervene and change the course of comics for the better.

I give you Batman #368:


Yes.  That is Jason Todd.

And here is the moment things go horribly wrong for the beloved character of Robin:





YAY!  Short pants!  The fashions for boys 40 years ago are just as cool today!

For the next 40 issues, Jason Todd would basically be Robin 1.5 with no personality of his own, but then things actually get worse after the Crisis on Infinite Earths, where he became so obnoxious that people paid cash money to have him killed off within two years. Jason Todd would return 15 years later (in 2003) for reasons I still don't understand.

So, at this critical moment in comics history, I can only say

.... If I Could Turn Back Time (tm!)

See you tomorrow!

No comments: