Tuesday, December 16, 2014

How to Be Popular, Agnes-Style!

Sometimes, you just need the "shootin' fish in a barrel" silliness of Boy Meets Girl comics, so let's check out issue #3!


I didn't just put the last line in by itself as a Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!) because... well... you know.

Here's some advice from Agnes on how to manage high school:


Well played, Agnes... well played.


I fell asleep happy... next to my super-creepy clown doll.


Again, that's another one where I could have just taken the dialogue and gone with the Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!) (saying something along the lines of "no, that means you're doing it right!  Are you with me, fellas?"), and it would have been a classic.  But I admit I was distracted by the song on the radio.  Here it is:


In retrospect, I should have just gone with the dialogue, shouldn't I?

Oh, well.  Check out Lucy Thomas!


I think Lucy looks like the kind of gal who "gets her man and holds him" with violence and psychological torment.  Don't cross, Lucy, fellas.  She'll wreck you.  But I'm totally looking forward to seeing what kind of love advice she gives.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Smurfswacker said...

So did the dress she specified appear as expected? Make with the spoilers already.

Adam Barnett said...

She learned a valuable lesson and was a better person for it. I know you didn't see that one coming. Sorry for the big reveal, folks!

Frothy said...

That song later made its way into The Lion King (in part), sung by Rowan Atkinson (Zazu).